This update is for the English version of Home Design Studio 14.1.x only! This will not update
Home Design Studio 11.0.x or Home Design Studio Pro 12.0.x.
Download a single file that will update your copy of Home Design Studio to 14.1.7
Download HDS_14_1_7_Update.dmg (808MB)
The Home Design Studio 14.1.7 Update includes fixes for:
- Videos: Videos now play correctly on Snow Leopard.
This update also includes fixes from previous updates, including:
- 2D: Nudging 2D objects will now keep their associated 2D profiles within the selection bounds box.
- Install: Fixed a launch issue for users upgrading from 14.1.0 to 14.1.5.
- 2D: Fixed several memory leaks related to drawing room fills and perimeter outlines.
- 3D: Back splashes no longer re-enable themselves randomly.
- 3D: Cabinet appliances no longer rotate randomly when deleting certain wall configurations.
- 3D: Fixed several door and window rendering issues for designs with very high walls or very small lots.
- DXF Exporting: Fixed an issue where the extension would remain DXF when exporting to a DWG file.
- Green Tips: Fixed several missing green tip issues.
- Web Services: Fixed a crash that might occur when selecting a file to send to the plotting service.
- Templates: Fixed a rare crash that occurred when inserting a template into your design.
- 2D: Structure perimeters and room interiors are no longer selectable using the tracking marquee.
- 2D: Walls no longer appear on plans that do not have the "floor" and/or "foundation" plans visible.
- 2D: Fixed an issue when placing a custom door when the door hardware inspector was visible.
- 3D: Fixed a potential 3D tilt lockup situation for customers using multi-touch hardware and other devices.
- Content: Fixed a ceiling fan that had a double 2D profile.
- 2D: Added the ability to nudge wall attachments using the up, down, left, and right keys.
- 3D: Door hardware no longer disappears when switching to a custom door style.
- 3D: Fixed an issue where door hardware would render at a swing of 180 degrees more than the actual door angle.
- 3D: Fixed an issue where door hardware would appear flipped on the opposite side of the door.
- Content: Fixed several object preview and missing texture issues.
- Content: Objects now have simplified 2D profiles that allow for faster 2D drawing.
- On-line Content: Fixed a rare crash that occurred when closing a document.
- UI: Double-clicking on the selection or rotation tool no longer deselects all of the objects.
- 2D: Grouped objects such as ceiling fans and symbols now highlight correctly.
- 3D: Fixed an issue where floor cutouts on upper floors would not cut out ceilings of lower floors.
- 3D: Converting detail objects to rails now results in correct texture assignments.
- 3D: Staircase landing balusters are now textured correctly when applying a new material or color.
- 3D: Fixed an issue where geometry from a previously opened design would appear when opening or creating a design.
- 3D: Textures placed on walls now have the correct horizontal orientation.
- Content: Fixed several ceiling fans that lacked mounting hardware.
- Estimator: Wall studs now appear correctly in the estimation lists.
- Estimator: Framing items now appear correctly in the estimation lists.
- Estimator: Minor interface corrections and improvements.
- General: Undo and redo work more reliably when converting CAD primitives to 2D/3D objects.
- General: Undo and redo work more reliably when using the automatic roof/ceiling/soffit tool.
- Green Tips: Corrected several content issues and improved tip readability by increasing the font size.
- Green Tips: Fixed an issue where imported SketchUp objects with green tips would not appear correctly with green functionality activated.
- RealModel: Fixed an issue where wall template numbers appeared backwards in some cases.
- SketchUp: Added support for importing SketchUp v7 files.
- Topography: The "Convert to Building Pad" button no longer stays disabled when switching from multiple selections to a single selection.
- Topography: Improved topography generation reliability when using undo and redo.
- UI: Placing a shower or a bath tub will no longer attempt to reset back to the edit tool.